20 February 2012

finnish pastries.

while I was eating my delicious laskiaispulla - I thought about making a chart about my favourite finnish pastries. after some sketching and scanning my chart is ready to be shared.
my 10 favourite finnish pastries:

click on each of the finnish names to read the recipe - see list below.

1. Korvapuusti - cinnamon roll
2. Voisilmäpulla - butter eye bun
3. Piparkakut - ginger cookies
4. Joulutorttu - christmas tart
5. Runebergintorttu - Runeberg's cake
6. Laskiaispulla - shrove tuesday bun
7. Tippaleipä - Vappufinnish doughnut
8. Munkkirinkilät - doughnut
9. Pannukakku - oven pancake
10. Tiikerikakku - tiger cake
finnish pastries are all delicious: some of them are made to celebrate a specific occasion (Runebergintorttu or Tippaleipä) - some others I can find every morning even at my local supermarket (Korvapuusti or Voisilmäpulla). I cannot go one day without having one of these sweet treats!

14 comments:

  1. thank you for this post! seriously! i cant wait to get baking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay :-) which one of those are you going to bake first? I actually have baked only half of them myself... most of them seem pretty hard to make. let me know how it goes :-)

      Delete
  2. fai venire fame a me e marta (la mia compana di banco) :)
    belli i disegni! quando salgo li voglio provare tutti *-*
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grazie Emi :-)
      purtroppo quando arriverai non credo si potranno trovare tutti: la torta di Runeberg si trova a inizio febbraio, mentre la la laskiaispulla in questo periodo. se sarai fortunata potremo trovare già i dolci del primo maggio, invece. e ovviamente krovapuusti, voipulla, munkki, pannukakku e tiikerikakku ;-)
      i piipari e le joulutorttu potremmo anche farli, ma sarebbero troppo natalizi per aprile ;-)

      Delete
  3. mmm yummy ! adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Polly, this is so lovely!
    I want to try all of them! ;D
    *oink* *oink*

    heeeheeee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should, they are all delicious ;-)

      Delete
  5. wow, it's interesting to see how similar they are to some you can find also in northern germany, thanks for linking back to the recipes !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopping by! :-)
      yes, northern europe baked sweets tend to be similar in many ways - especially when it comes down to the use of cinnamon and cardamom.

      Delete
  6. Ooh, these look tempting...
    I gave you a sunshine award, hope you can use it :)
    Take a look at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mayken, thank you :-)
      your blog is truly beautiful and I will proceed with my sunshine post during this weekend ;-)

      Delete
  7. Polly!! Your drawings are so lovely, these cartoon pastries is making me hungry. They should go on some menu/recipe book, it really is nice.

    That oven pancake looks nommm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :-)
      I am flattered!

      Delete