20 October 2012

100 feeders (20).

it is about time to declare the end of 100 FEEDERS project: it has been a beautiful and intense experience and it is hard to realize it is over. the book A Story of 100 FEEDERS has now been printed into 4 beautiful copies and I am very proud of it - I am going to present 100 FEEDERS project on the 14th of november for the evaluation of my master thesis.
A Story of 100 FEEDERS:

✻ the portrait of a very proud Polly holding a precious copy of the book.

✻ from the introduction: In the following pages, I have written the complete story of 100 FEEDERS: from how I began to feed birds to how I decided to turn this specific action into my Art practice. From the making of 100 FEEDERS to the feedback I have got back from my audience, this book presents all the various aspects related to my project and displays a series of photographs and images of the process.

22 + 2 = 24 postcards
- these two arrived too late to be on the book:
✻ from the conclusion: Because of its nature, 100 FEEDERS has not really ended yet, and it is not supposed to. Despite the fact that the postcards had been sent and this book is coming to an end, the 100 feeders are still functioning - at least some of them are - and the bird feeding action I wanted to spread when I started this project will never stop; somebody will continue to use my feeders, others will build new ones, someone else will look at their neighbour’s feeders and think that they want to do the same. [...] My project’s message will hopefully continue to challenge and involve a growing audience.
♥ thank you from the bottom of my heart to those who have supported this project from start to finish! wish me the very best of luck for my thesis evaluation!

13 comments:

  1. ecco mi sono commossa :°) <3
    sono proprio orgogliosa di te Pollyni mia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Polly :)

    I'm super proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would have made it without your support! ♥ ;'-)

      Delete
  3. Wow, the book looks great!
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy you think so, Sirpa! :-) thank you!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous21.10.12

    Congratulations, Polly! You made it to the end of your work, but it's not the end of the story :-) the book edition is amazing!congratulations for that too. You must be so proud!! I'm sure the evaluation of your thesis will go so well! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much for your lovely words, Catarina! I really hope everything will go well! :-)

      Delete
  6. Polly, this is so amazing. I love your project and I wish good luck on the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the most inspiring thing that I've seen in a long while Polly! I love that you turned this wonderful project into a beautiful book, that must have taken ages! From the perspective of a graphic design student I can say that it looks very gorgeous. I only wish that I had heard of the project earlier and could have contributed hehe! I'm also happy that you took the time to put this lovely positivity out into the world. Good luck on your thesis - it sounds so hard! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your lovely words, Valerie! :-) I am really glad you like the book and, especially, that you think such wonderful things about 100 FEEDERS project! thank you! :-)

      Delete