22 November 2012

koitelinkoski part 2.

I wanted to share here some more photographs from our morning trip to Koitelinkoski - last weekend. I am very happy with the way the film turned out: the unsaturated dark colours were what I appreciated the most about the landscape.
Nikon FM - Fuji Superia 1600:
it is fascinating how deeply a place can change during the winter: I remember being to Koitelinkoski a couple of times before and the bright summer colours were giving it a totally different feeling compared to the wintry ones of last weekend - even the closed café looked melancholy and therefore more intriguing.
Vuosi Metsässä - a year in the woods:
when we got back from Koitelinkoski I got this beautiful book as a graduation gift from Jacopo's grandparents - which made me very happy: Heikki Willamo's nature photography is truly inspirational to me.
♥ kiitos Kyllikille ja Matille!

10 comments:

  1. woaaa *-* into the wild totally! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Emi! :-) the colours and the river reminded me of Alaska too, yet the place wasn't really that wild - see the presence of the café! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful again!
    The water and the rocks are gorgeous in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Sirpa! :-) Finnish nature can be truly spectacular! :-)

      Delete
  3. Magical place and wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :-) it was a magical place indeed! :-)

      Delete
  4. I see you've been using a 1600 Superia, I've never dared to use an ISO so high... but seeing your pictures, I think I'll try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't necessarily like high iso film, but sometimes there is no choice here, in the winter time, so I got to get used to it. the superia 1600 works quite fine, doesn't it? :-)

      Delete
  5. Oh i love them ! The winter is not here for now, but i like to see the ice & the winter's mood in your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, dear Birdie! :-)

      Delete