01 June 2013

kuupuu pt.1.

over the past couple of weeks I had the chance to spend some time with Jonna Karanka - the artist behind the Finnish music project known as Kuupuu: the reason was an interview for DRECK Magazine. since Kuupuu has always been among my favourite local artists - taking care of her interview and especially doing a photo-shoot with her had been a very exciting experience for me. I would like to share some of the photographs I have taken of Kuupuu in a couple of posts and this is the first one. for the location I chose a place that is very dear to me and for the cameras I brought along my two most favourite ones.
my photographs with Kuupuu:
Nikon FM - Kodak Portra 800
Hasselblad 500 C/M - Kodak Portra 800
the weather that day had been quite gloomy and the sun came out only a few times from behind the clouds - yet it didn't rain and I was very pleased with the colours around the forest. I will share more photographs in a couple of days.

read my interview with Kuupuu.
learn more about Kuupuu.

10 comments:

  1. beautiful light, the forest is glowing.
    i've read the interview, very interesting! good job, both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Silvia! I'm glad you like the interview!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful portraits in beautiful surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sirpa! That's one of my favourite places in Helsinki.

      Delete
  3. love those forest pictures! To be in the woods is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you so much for stopping by this blog! You're absolutely right: spending time in the forest is just wonderful!

      Delete
  4. I love the contrast between her top and all the green around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the green of the forest is especially bright these days!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you think so!

      Delete