17 June 2013

summer in helsinki III.

I would like to share just a few more photographs from that film roll I took with my Nikon FM soon after it had been repaired - over a week has passed now since then. when we first moved into this apartment it had been autumn and I couldn't really imagine how beautiful the backyard would have become in the summer: now the flowers are in bloom - daisies, roses, lilacs - and the bushes and trees are wonderfully green and overgrown. everything gives the garden an overall wild romantic look which I love: it reminds both of my grandmother's garden and of those English ones of the 18th century. two sundays ago I spent the afternoon reading in the sun surrounded by birds and flowers: it had been truly relaxing and I am hoping I will have more sunny days to spend in our backyard this summer. I took these last few shots around the rose bushes - which had then just started to bloom.
Nikon FM - Fuji Pro 400H:
three photographs from our backyard in bloom.
now it is time to start packing: tomorrow we will fly to Iceland to start our 10-day road trip there. I still cannot believe I will finally see those sublime landscapes: I hope I will be able to capture some of that magic in my photographs - I got very many film rolls to record such a dream coming true.
see you all later! ♥

18 comments:

  1. ooooh have a safe and wonderful trip, polly! i'm thrilled for you! :)
    would you send me a postcard? ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Silvia!
      The trip has been incredible - we just got back a few hours ago and I already feel nostalgic of those sublime landscapes!

      Delete
  2. wow... that is one beautiful romantic garden. it does remind us of the english gardens indeed!

    have a lovely trip to iceland and bring lots of photos with you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joana! I am glad you like English romantic gardens too!
      The trip has been fantastic - I have taken many different film rolls and I will share some photographs as soon as I get them developed!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous17.6.13

    ohh so dreamy! these gardens are wonderful...

    have a nice trip, my dear! i hope you enjoy it and take many wonderful photographs :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Catarina!
      I indeed took very many photographs - I will share them as soon as I get the film rolls developed: I cannot wait to see how they will turn out!

      Delete
  4. Oh roses are always a favourite of mine! And I'm so going to try to get my hands on a pro 400H! The results are so beautiful!

    Have a great trip! Looking forward to see the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Inês! Did you get to try the Pro 400H eventually? I took many of them to Iceland actually and I will share some photographs soon!

      Delete
    2. So glad you're back, I'm really curious to see your photos!

      Still haven't bought the Pro 400H but I hope to try some on a trip I'm going to take in August to Brussels and Amsterdam :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much! I'm also quite curious to see them - I cannot wait to get them developed!
      Great to hear you've planned a trip to Brussels and Amsterdam: I've been there a few years ago and thought they were both beautiful cities - I'm sure the Pro 400H won't let you down!

      Delete
  5. I can smell the flowers from here! ;D

    Have a safe and incredible adventure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Charlyn! The adventure has been safe and incredible indeed! Iceland is truly every bit as amazing as they say!

      Delete
  6. Have a great time in Iceland Polly and Jacopo! I look forward to all those photographs from your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Miia! The trip was fantastic! Jacopo took many polaroids and I brought home a numerous amount of film rolls to get developed - we will share some photographs soon!

      Delete
  7. lovely wild garden, i love the colors you got with this film :)

    Have a great, mind blowing trip to Iceland and like Silvia i would love to get a postcard from you*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Iceland has been really mind-blowing!
      I would love to send you one of my photographs as a postcard - both to you and Silvia - unfortunately I have just read your comments today - once I got home, so I didn't get the chance to pick up a postcard for you in Iceland.

      Delete
  8. Polly! i've just realized you got yourself a new layout and i've missed looking through all your photographs again.
    Aaaa im so very jealous but also excited to see the photos of your iceleand trip.

    have fun and have a safe fun trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Celsy, thank you very much! I am really happy you like the layout - that means a lot to me!
      I will definitely share some photographs from Iceland soon - I just got back to Helsinki a few hours ago and I already miss those amazing places!

      Delete