06 September 2013

konstruktor in suomenlinna I.

I hadn't been to Suomenlinna in a very long time - snow was still covering the ground last time I was there walking with Jacopo. to tell the truth I had been avoiding the island on purpose: during the summer it is so packed with tourists it is almost overwhelming. last saturday though it felt more like an autumn day than a summer one and the grey sky was threatening - that would have stopped at least part of the tourists: the perfect time for a visit to the island with my Konstruktor. my dear DIY camera has done once again a lovely job with her second film roll.
Lomography Konstruktor DIY:
film roll: Fuji Superia X-tra 800.
despite the clouds the weather was mild: Jacopo and I decided to take our time strolling around the island taking photographs and passing through all of our favourite spots. I really love that pink building: it looks like a palace belonging to a different era - every time I visit Suomenlinna I love it a little bit more with its fading paint on the walls.
I will share more from this roll next week. I wish you all a lovely weekend! ♥

16 comments:

  1. The small tractor! The buildings look beautiful indeed. That's one of the great things in the North, the colored houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ingeborg! I loved that toy tractor myself. And I totally agree about the houses being so colourful here in the North - at least old houses though, as contemporary ones tend to be too minimalistic and cold perhaps.

      Delete
  2. I'm the same, I never like to go anywhere that I know is going to be jam-packed with tourists! Looks like you picked a great day to go... can't wait to see more photographs! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Katie! I'm glad you're looking forward to seeing more photos: I have posted a few more and I will do so again for a third post!

      Delete
  3. The red tones is amazing here :)
    Have a great week,Polly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara! That red tractor really stood out, I have to say!
      Have a wonderful week as well!

      Delete
    2. I agree. The colours are somewhat muted, but the red tones are lovely!

      Delete
    3. Yes, it's what usually happens on a cloudy summer day in Finland. That is why I enjoy taking photographs on a cloudy day!

      Delete
  4. I think these pictures turned out to be really great, the Konstruktor works really well! I was really amazed by how well the pictures turned out to be: it was overcast, quite dark and still the images are not blurry or underexposed!
    I really like that small camera!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacopo, thank you! I'm so happy you like this new camera as much as I do! We will have more and more walks together with it! ♥

      Delete
  5. suomenlinna, wow! i loved that pink building when i visited the island ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you love it too, Silvia! It's quite common to visit Suomenlinna during a trip to Helsinki, yet not everyone manages to see all the best spots of the island - if you've reached the pink building when you were there, it means you've seen one of the most beautiful parts of it! ♥

      Delete
  6. The place looks lovely. And you have created so beautiful images with the camera. I love all the 4 series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for all your comments and appreciations! A warm welcome to this blog!

      Delete
  7. The tiny bike is so cute. I love the vivid red this film has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed a lovely toy tractor! The Superia films are quite good - I like the 800 especially.

      Delete